We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Addison Motors Limited of Leopard House, Asama Court, Newcastle Business Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE4 7YD.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Toni Nelson.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site, by visiting us in branch or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, search for a vehicle, compare quotations, submit a query on our site, email us and when you report a problem with our site. It also includes information you give when speaking with any of our representatives on the telephone or in branch. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and telephone number, financial and credit card information, employment status, driving licence status and driving history.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); vehicles you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any telephone number used to call us.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment, delivery and marketing services, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about other goods or services we offer which we feel may be of interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you do not want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the registration form). If your data was collected by our representatives in a [showroom/branch] relevant options will be given to you verbally and we will input them onto our system;
- to notify you about changes to our service; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to identify the most suitable vehicles, payment options, after sales products and contracts for your review;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to monitor and improve our branch activities to ensure that the service provided to our customers is in line with our aims and company values
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Automotive manufacturers, suppliers, finance companies, business partners and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Addison Motors Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for certain purposes such as marketing. However, if you wish to purchase a car from us or receive after sales services we can only perform those obligations to you by processing your personal data. We will usually inform you, before collecting your data, how we intend to use your data and if we intend to use your data for marketing purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent the processing of your data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or selecting the relevant option given by our representatives in branch. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also exercise the right to prevent the processing of your data for any reason (including but not limited to marketing) at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. You should note that further to carrying out such a request we will be unable to provide you with any of our services.
Third party links from our site
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties, such as our business partners, advertisers and affiliates. These links are provided for your information only. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request you make to us may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.